Sleep is a naturally recurring state of mind and body. It reduces consciousness, lowered sensory and muscle activity, inhibition of nearly all voluntary muscles, and reduced interactions with surroundings.
Various types of sleep disorders:
Patients usually complain about the following forms of sleep disorders:
- Insomnia: Difficulty in falling asleep or staying asleep. The causing factors are anxiety, lack of exercise, chronic illness or certain medication.
- Hypersomnia: This is the opposite of Insomnia. It is a condition in which the patient experiences excessive sleepiness in the daytime.
- Narcolepsy: Not to be confused with Hypersomnia. This is a sleep disorder characterized by excessive sleepiness, hallucinations, and sometimes partial or total loss of muscle control.
- Sleep apnea: This is a potentially fatal While asleep a person’s breathing is interrupted; this means the brain along with the rest of the body does not get enough oxygen.
- Parasomnia: Sleep disorders that involve abnormal movements and behaviors such as sleepwalking
The advent of artificial light has adversely affected the production of the sleep hormone also known as Melatonin. It is produced in the pineal gland of the brain and is responsible for regulating your body’s internal clock.
Your very own Sandman is at a store near you:
Front runners in pharmacology like Puritan’s Pride have helped families achieve blissful sleep through mass production of synthetic melatonin uk. Fortified with the highest quality ingredients, these products are tested or inspected as many as 15 times throughout the manufacturing process. Unlike its’ natural counterpart, this synthetic version does not get infected by viral attacks. Thus they are perfectly safe to use. This product is available in the market in 03 mg, 05
mg, and 10 mg. Some common side effects include depression, drowsiness, headache, and nausea. Please consult your general physician to go for the best-suited version. Ideally, it should be administered 02 hours before sleep for best results. This promotes earlier sleep onset and morning awakening. Melatonin reaches peak concentration within 60 minutes of administration and is then eliminated from the bloodstream.